Scavuzzo Dental Care is a patient-oriented practice, and we understand that many of our patients may feel anxious about their dental appointments. That’s why we offer several types of sedation dentistry to help you feel more at ease.
We believe that your dental anxiety shouldn’t prevent you from having a healthy, beautiful smile. You can trust that Dr. Scavuzzo and the rest of our team will not make you feel self-conscious about your fears.
If you’re looking for a dentist who will treat you with the compassion and care you need, call 303-741-2727 or fill out the form on this page. Scavuzzo Dental Care is proud to serve patients in Centennial and Highlands Ranch, Colorado.
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation or painless dentistry uses medication to help you relax during your dental appointments. It’s an easy and safe option if you:
- Avoid necessary dental care out of fear
- Need extensive dental work done
- Have a strong gag reflex
- Have extremely sensitive teeth
- Have felt rushed or ignored by previous dentists
We can use sedation for everything from routine dental cleanings to more invasive procedures. Dr. Scavuzzo will meet with you before treatment to determine what level and type of sedation are right for you.
Treatments for Dental Anxiety Through Sedation Dentistry
Not only can sedation dentistry calm your fears, it can also help you complete several procedures at once and eliminate any pain associated with certain treatments.
To help us best meet the needs of our patients, we offer minimal, moderate and deep sedation options. These include:
- Nitrous oxide: Also known as “laughing gas,” nitrous oxide is combined with oxygen and administered through a mask placed over your nose. Dr. Scavuzzo can control the amount of gas you receive, allowing you to remain conscious but calm. After treatment, the gas wears off quickly and you should have no trouble driving yourself home.
- Oral sedation: Oral sedation is administered as a pill. You will take the pill shortly before your appointment and may feel drowsy during treatment but should remain semi-conscious. If Dr. Scavuzzo determines that a more moderate dosage is needed, you may fall asleep during treatment but should easily wake up with a gentle shake. Since the effects of oral sedation may linger, you should arrange for someone to drive you home.
- IV sedation: IV sedation is typically reserved for multiple or complex procedures, as well as for patients with debilitating anxiety. It is gently administered through your veins, giving Dr. Scavuzzo control over how much you receive. Since IV sedation tends to put patients in a moderate to deep sleep, someone will need to drive you home after treatment.
In addition to sedation dentistry, we maintain a comfortable office setting complete with music, movies and massage chairs. Every staff member on our team makes it a point to create a personal connection with you before treatment, giving you peace of mind that you’re safe in our hands.
Contact Our Centennial Sedation Dentist
Dental visits don’t have to be a scary experience. Call 303-741-2727 or use the form on this page to schedule an appointment at our office. Scavuzzo Dental Care serves patients in Centennial and Highlands Ranch, Colorado.