Your smile is often the first thing people notice about you. Unfortunately, flaws and imperfections in your teeth may cause you to feel self-conscious and hide your smile from others. At Scavuzzo Dental Care, we believe that everyone deserves a smile they can be proud of. Whether you suffer from teeth that are chipped, cracked, gapped, misshapen, or discolored, we have an effective solution for every budget.
If you would like to improve the appearance of your smile, contact Scavuzzo Dental Group today online or at 303-741-2727 to schedule a consultation. We proudly serve Centennial, Highlands Ranch, and nearby communities along Colorado’s Front Range.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding, also referred to as tooth bonding, is a versatile and affordable cosmetic dentistry treatment option that uses a tooth-colored resin composite material to re-shape the surface of your teeth.
During the procedure, the composite resin material, which has a putty-like consistency, is placed on your problem tooth. The resin is then molded to your tooth in order to conceal the imperfection and shape the tooth to its proper dimensions.
The process can effectively address a wide range of superficial problems that affect your smile. In most cases, a tooth bonding procedure can alter the appearance of your teeth in just one office visit.
What Issues Can Tooth Bonding Address?
Tooth bonding is an affordable way to address a variety of aesthetic issues, such as teeth that are:
- Stained or discolored
- Fractured or broken
Dental bonding can correct the appearance of minor cosmetic issues, but if you experience severe tooth misalignment or other damage and need more extensive work, the treatment may not be appropriate. During your visit at our office, Dr. Scavuzzo will evaluate your condition and explain all of your treatment options.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding offers a number of distinct advantages, including:
- Time: Dental bonding treatments are performed in-office, without the need for a dental laboratory. Unlike other options, such as dental implants, there is no need to wait for weeks or months for a new smile. Many tooth bonding procedures can be completed in just one day.
- Cost: Dental bonding is typically less expensive than other cosmetic dentistry procedures. However, it may not always be the ideal option in every situation. If cost is a concern, we are happy to discuss our payment and financing options with you during your visit to our office.
- Safety: The composite resin material used in tooth bonding is completely biocompatible. You’ll never have to worry about harmful toxins or chemicals, as with older metal fillings. If you have old fillings that you would like to remove, dental bonding offers a safe, attractive way to do that.
- Beauty: Tooth bonding material can be customized to blend seamlessly with the shade of your existing teeth. Many patients choose to undergo teeth whitening at our office, prior to tooth bonding. They can then match the shade of their bonding material to match the color of their bright new smile.
Your Customized Tooth Bonding Procedure
The tooth bonding procedure is individually tailored to match your specific goals and the unique attributes of your smile. The dental bonding process involves the following steps:
- The tooth color is matched: Composite resin is available in a variety of shades to match your existing teeth.
- The tooth is prepared: To help the composite material adhere to your tooth, the tooth is slightly roughened.
- The resin is applied: The composite material is placed on the tooth and hand-sculpted to achieve the desired result.
- The resin is hardened: A blue wavelength is applied to hasten the bonding process.
- The bonded tooth is trimmed and polished: Excess material is trimmed away and the bonded tooth is shaped and polished.
Why Choose Scavuzzo Dental Care?
For more than 30 years, Scavuzzo Dental Care has provided a wide range of exceptional dental services in a warm and welcoming environment. We are committed to creating healthy, beautiful smiles for every patient who visits our office.
At Scavuzzo Dental Care, every patient is treated like a member of our family. Our individualized approach to patient care ensures that your voice will be heard and your procedure will be fully tailored to match your unique goals and oral structure.
Schedule Your Dental Bonding Consultation Today
To learn more about dental bonding and how we can help you get the beautiful smile of your dreams, contact Scavuzzo Dental Care today by completing the form on this page or calling 303-741-2727 to schedule your free consultation. We serve Centennial, Highlands Ranch, and nearby Colorado communities.