If you are missing one or more teeth, you may feel self-conscious about your smile. Missing teeth can cause embarrassment in social situations, but there are also very serious oral health risks involved.
At Scavuzzo Dental Care, we believe everyone deserves a strong, healthy smile. We proudly offer dental implants, the gold-standard in tooth replacement options. A dental implant restores more than just the appearance of a full smile, it replaces the tooth’s root, providing strength and durability to your tooth replacement.
Benefits of Dental Implants
In the past, dentures were traditionally used to replace missing teeth. While dentures remain a viable option today, they have limitations. Dentures are not permanent restorations, and they can shift when eating or talking.
Dental implants, on the other hand, are made of ultra-strong titanium, surgically implanted into the jaw bone, and topped with a dental crown. The dental implant fuses with your jaw bone, effectively making it a permanent part of the jaw. This creates a permanent and secure replacement tooth.
Dental implants offer a wealth of benefits, including:
- Improved oral health
- Improved speech
- Improved ability to eat
- Improved appearance
- Longest-lasting option
- Extremely durable
- Very stable
- Success rate of over 95%
- Easily cleaned and maintained, just like your existing teeth
The Importance of Replacing Missing Teeth
Whether due to trauma or decay, a missing tooth can harm more than just your appearance. Oral health issues associated with a missing tooth include:
- Gum disease: Missing teeth can increase the risk of gum disease, which in turn increases the risk of further tooth loss and other health problems.
- Jaw bone decline: Missing teeth cause the jaw bone to deteriorate and weaken. Having all your teeth helps keep the jaw bone strong and dense.
- Teeth shifting: When a tooth is missing, the adjacent teeth can shift into the empty space, causing crooked teeth.
- Sunken face: Your face can lose its shape and appear sunken when you are missing one or more teeth.
Call Our Centennial Implant Dentist Today
If you are missing one or more teeth and would like to learn more about dental implants, call us today at 303-741-2727 to schedule a consultation. Scavuzzo Dental Care is located in Centennial and serves patients from across the Front Range.