ClearCorrect dental braces are a comfortable and effective orthodontic option for both adults and children. The majority of children undergoing ClearCorrect treatment begin between the ages of 8 and 14. It is just as safe for children as it is for adults, as long as a child’s teeth has developed to the appropriate stage. That being said, ClearCorrect treatment still requires care and responsibility.
One of the greatest benefits of ClearCorrect over traditional metal braces is that the smooth, clear plastic aligners can be removed at any time. However, it is important to wear the invisible retainers for approximately 20 to 22 hours every day. This means they should only be taken out while eating, brushing, and flossing.
Whether out of discomfort or sheer curiosity, children often want to remove their aligner trays. When this occurs, a child may forget to clean them and put them back in, or forget where they put the trays altogether. All of these possibilities can be detrimental to the treatment process.
Is ClearCorrect the Right Orthodontic Treatment for My Child?
ClearCorrect is remarkably safe and effective for children with the right dental development who are cooperative, motivated, and responsible enough to maintain proper treatment.
The American Association of Orthodontics recommends orthodontic evaluations no later than age seven. This can identify any emerging developmental issues related to a child’s teeth, jaw, or bite. ClearCorrect has been successfully used to treat a variety of orthodontic conditions, such as:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Gapped teeth
The best way to determine if ClearCorrect is right for your child is to meet personally with Dr. Scavuzzo at our office. He will perform a thorough examination, answer all of your questions, and help you determine which orthodontic treatment is the right option.
Benefits of ClearCorrect
ClearCorrect offer adults and children numerous benefits, including:
- Comfort: ClearCorrect’s smooth plastic aligners are very comfortable and won’t agitate your mouth or gums.
- Convenience: ClearCorrect requires fewer dental visits than traditional braces.
- Removable aligners: Unlike conventional bracket-and-wire braces, ClearCorrect trays can be removed for brushing, flossing, and eating.
- Discreet treatment: Utilizing clear plastic trays, ClearCorrect treatment is virtually undetectable to others.
- Beautiful, healthy results: Straight teeth aren’t just beautiful, they are crucial to achieving and maintaining optimal dental health.
Find Out if ClearCorrect is Right for Your Child
To learn more about ClearCorrect and find out if your child is a good candidate for the treatment, please contact Scavuzzo Dental Care today online or at 303-741-2727. Our office is located in Centennial and we welcome patients from across the Front Range.