Your smile is your greeting to the world. It welcomes people into your life, and a beautiful, healthy smile conveys a lot about who you are. While annual checkups and cleanings are essential to your oral health, there are a variety of things you can do to improve and maintain a world-class smile.
For more than 30 years, experienced family and cosmetic dentist Dr. Frank Scavuzzo has helped patients achieve strong, bright, healthy smiles. He offers a number of services to help you achieve your unique smile goals.
5 Tips For a Better Smile
If you’d like to enhance your smile’s health and beauty, consider the following tips:
- Brush regularly: Brush twice a day for at least two minutes at a time. Electric toothbrushes remove more plaque than manual ones, but always be sure to use a soft-bristled brush, regardless of the type of toothbrush you choose.
- Floss every day: Daily flossing helps to prevent gingivitis and tooth decay. It enables you to clean the tight spaces between teeth where a toothbrush can’t reach. It eliminates tartar, which destroys bone and leads to tooth loss.
- Beware of beverages that can stain your teeth: Even though tooth enamel is very durable, it is still susceptible to stains. Try to avoid, or reduce your intake of, coffee, red wine, and tea. You can also drink through a straw to minimize contact with these beverages, and drink plenty of water to help rinse your teeth clean.
- Don’t smoke: Smoking stains your teeth. It also inhibits blood circulation to your gums, causing them to recede and create an older-looking, less attractive smile.
- Discuss cosmetic treatments with Dr. Scavuzzo: Depending on your individual needs, Dr. Scavuzzo may recommend:
- Smile makeover: More than a single procedure, smile makeovers involve a combination of cosmetic dentistry treatments for a complete smile transformation.
- Lumineers – porcelain veneers: Customized for each patient, Lumineers are extremely thin shells of durable dental porcelain that can provide an improved appearance of teeth that are cracked, chipped, gapped, or misshapen.
- Dental bonding: This affordable alternative to veneers utilizes a tooth-colored composite material to sculpt and reshape teeth for an array of cosmetic reasons.
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening services at Scavuzzo Dental Care can help you safely, effectively, and quickly get the bright white smile you desire.
Contact Our Centennial Cosmetic Dentist
To learn more about the cosmetic dentistry options available at Scavuzzo Dental Care, contact our office today online or at 303-741-2727 to arrange a consultation. We are located in Centennial and serve patients from across the Front Range.